Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Perc Up Coffee Cafe

When I am in Sedona, I like to go to an old mine in Jerome to paint some of the old trucks there. The mine has lots of old equipment and is a great place for a "gearhead" to pass some time. Here is one of the big rigs that one can find there.



One of the artists with whom I've become friendly, Michael Johnson, liked them and suggested that I try to get them into the Windrush Gallery in Sedona where he is represented. He even emailed the owner which I thought was nice. If you click on the link, you will see that they represent Don Weller, Julie Weller's dad. So, I was pretty intimidated going in there. The owner was very nice and complimentary about my work, but did not have room for another artist at this time. He let me down easy.

So, I showed the trucks to the owner of the house we rent. She loved them and wanted to hang them in her new coffee shop in Phoenix. The coffee shop (Perc Up Coffee Cafe) just opened and she sent me a photo of my paintings on one of their walls. She thinks that the clientele would be interested in them. A review of the cafe said that they had "eclectic artwork adorning their walls". I hope that included my wall.



What do you think?

No comments: